The Fort Bend County Fair as presently constituted began. It was inspired by a series of fairs held in Needville in the mid-to-late 1920s. The success of these community fairs encouraged leading
citizens to expand the idea county-wide. The Fort Bend Fair Association was established in April 1933 and the site for the fair was purchased between Richmond and Rosenberg on Ave. H — on the
property now occupied by Fiesta.
During World War II, the Fairgrounds were used to house German POWs.
In 1974, the Fairgrounds were moved to the current location on State Highway 36 just south of U.S. Highway 59 in Rosenberg.